August 31, 2011

It's Wednesday

This morning I went to bed at 1:00am and woke up at 6:45am. Yesterday, I got to skype with my best friend Emily and early this morning I got to skype with my good friend John, who currently lives in Kenya. Even though, I didn't get a lot of sleep talking with them and seeing their faces was completely worth it. I love my friends.

I know I said I would write before 5pm, but today was very busy. However, even though I was busy all day today was a wonderful day. I was able to get a lot of things done that I have been putting off and I was able to cook, which I really enjoyed doing. When cooking, I love watching how all the ingredients come together. My least favorite part of cooking a meal is when I get to watch someone take their first bite. I don't like the anticipation of waiting to see if they like their food or not, but I love seeing someone's face when they really do enjoy their food.

Today, I made way too much chicken fettucini alfredo with mixed vegetables for a family at school so when my host brother, Oscar, came home from work I offered him some. I personally don't care for fettucini alfredo so I was nervous to see how he would react. After his first bite, he said he liked it a lot. Then I walked out of the room to put some towels away and I heard my host mom (who doesn't eat pasta) ask again if he liked it (to see if he really did), and he did. When I came back in, he said I should open my own restaurant in Costa Rica, that made me smile.

Thank you Lord for another wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment