September 02, 2011

My day of rest...

 Today at school we had the new student fiesta. It was fun. There was traditional Costa Rican dancing and of course food, which was delicious. Afterwards, everyone just hung out and talked. I really love when we have parties at school because I love the environment and the fellowship. I really enjoyed getting to know some new people and spending some time with friends.

After school, I started working on somethings that I thought I had to do. However, my attempts to be "productive" were short lived because I was exhausted. My nights of staying up late caught up to me and I literally could not keep my eyes open or focus on what I was trying to do so I took a nap. When I woke up, I felt ready to go, but I decided not to start to working and instead I had an afternoon/evening of relaxation. You see the things that I thought I had to do today I didn't actually have to do at all, so I said, "no, I am going to relax". My attempts to relax this week haven't been very good because my mind was constantly focused on the things I that I really did need to do, but now everything is done for this week and now I can kick back and relax.

Having time to relax and taking a break from work is important, I have to admit I don't do this nearly as much as I should. I was reading about the Sabbath the other day in the Old Testament and thanks to a friend I have been reading about what it means to rest. That time with God and that time of rest is so crucial in our lives, I don't think many people realize that. Having day of rest, a Sabbath, was not a suggestion, it was a command.

Thank you Lord for this day of rest and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment