September 19, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Yesterday after I arrived home from Panama, I was exhausted so I just relaxed and laid down til it was time to go to bed or until I could no longer keep my eyes open. The trip as a whole was wonderful. I loved being able to sit out on a deck and look out over the sea. The company was also pretty great, the group of students that went were wonderful. They were so much fun and everyone had great attitudes, even when we were stuck in some pretty tight situations (for example having all seven of us shoved into a taxi). On Saturday, we were able to go to the beach and a few of us went snorkeling, that was super cool. Seeing all of the wildlife under the water reminded me of when I was a little kid and I would watch Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel with my dad. I use to love studying animals, even now I still have an appreciation for God's creatures.

Going away to the beach and traveling also reminded me of how much I love my host family and I love being here. As soon as I walked in the door yesterday, I came in and talked to mami then I went and laid on my bed and said, "I am home" with a sigh. I love my family and room here in Costa Rica. It is such a blessing to be able to be here and learn Spanish, while being surrounded by such wonderful people.

2 comments: