August 22, 2011

What a day :-)

This morning things went better than planned for the airport runs. All of the students I am helping arrived with all of their luggage and since one flight was delayed, I was able to pick up all of the students using the same car and driver, which saved them both money. Kate and Patrick are from Pennsylvania and West Virginia, they are the couple that will be living with me. Both of them are very nice and friendly, and I am looking forward to getting to know them more. Candace is from California and she lives about a block away. I love her energy and excitement. I can already tell she is going to be a fun girl to be around. Star has been here for a week and has already made herself right at home in her apartment. I love her sense of adventure and her independence. I can't wait to go back to school and meet the rest of the new students. I can already tell that they are going to be a good class.

Also today, I had another unexpected, but nice surprise as one of the host mom's of one of the students asked if I would help her practice English and in return she would practice Spanish with me. I kind of laughed because I knew that my Spanish the past two times we talked has been rough and I thought that maybe she was trying to tell me something. Although, it is okay with me I would love to be able to practice my Spanish and help her with her English (teaching English is something I have considered doing the past couple of years). I am looking forward to our first meeting on Wednesday.

I love meeting new people and building new relationships so today was a good day. I am excited to see what God has in store for this upcoming tri-mester and I am excited to go back to school. I feel like a little kid who wants to go back and see her friends, but really I just want to go back and learn more Spanish. This break has really helped me refresh some of my Spanish while at the same time pointing out my weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment