August 23, 2011

Exploring...

Ever since I was a child I have had this curiosity for life. I just love learning about new things and exploring new places. I love learning about people and trying to figure out why people do what they do and why people act the way that they act. This has been both a good thing and a bad thing. Sometimes my curiosity has led to some not so good experiences or situations, but as we get older we learn and I have learned from those experiences. I love the thrill of discovering new things and doing new things, and that is something that I have continually prayed to God about because I never want where I go or what I do to be based solely off of my own feelings or desires. I want God to be the leader of my life. I know that His ways are good.

Today, the new students and I went to downtown San Jose. I gave them a tour of the area and took them to most of the key locations (National Theater, National Park, National Museum, two of the main markets, and then we visited some of the stores and other parks in the downtown area). We grabbed some coffee, which of course is a must in Costa Rica, and then later on we had some ice cream from Pops, which I believe is also a necessary stop when in Costa Rica. Our day was packed, but it was a lot of fun. Even though I enjoyed showing my new friends these places, what I really enjoyed was getting to know them on a deeper level while we walked around the city.

It is so interesting to see how God brings so many different people from so many different backgrounds together in one place. I love it. Everyone has a different story and I love hearing about how God is working in and through their lives. God is truly amazing. I am looking forward to exploring more of this beautiful country with these wonderful people.

Please pray for all of the new students that will be attending ILE this tri-mester.  Pray over their time of transitioning into a new culture and as they begin orientation in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment