June 08, 2011

Hot Hot Hot...

When I say, "Hot, Hot, Hot". I am not referring to the food, but the weather. Today has been hot, hot, hot as the guy on the One Caribbean weather channel would say. I can't wait for it to rain again and cool off.

Above is a picture of my lunch from today. Some people have been asking for pictures of my meals so here you are. Don't ask me what the thing on the left is because I don't know. It some type of potatoe like wrap with meat inside. On the right, there is rice with eggs, potatoes, and some meat. My motto when it comes to eating here is no matter what is set in front of you just eat it. As a famous traveler and chef once said, "anytime you travel and go into someone else's house you eat like you are at grandma's. You don't know how long they have been preparing that meal. You wouldn't say no to grandma so you shut up and eat whatever is on that plate and act like it is the best thing you ever ate". The idea is to just eat whatever is placed in front of you. This act shows respect to the cook and the family. Plus, as I have learned over the years if you are a guest in a house in a poor country chances are they are giving you the best and most expensive things they have. You are getting the best cuts of meat and more food than they would normally eat themselves so since you could possibly be eating a meal that would normally feed four people, out respect just eat and show appreciation.

Also, today has been a great day. I am just focusing on the Lord and trying to make the most out of every opportunity. God is good, unfailing, faithful, merciful, and mighty.

1 comment:

  1. I love your quote about the meal.. something I'll TRY my BEST to keep in mind b/c you know me & my tatse buds.. hopefully I can hide those facial expressions though! haha... love you!

    ReplyDelete