May 30, 2011

When you have time to think....

Time that is something we, as Americans, are very concerned with. Where are we spending our time, is our time productive, or how much time do we have. If someone is late is it considered rude. Here in Costa Rica it is like you have nothing but time. You can always have more time but not more life as the saying here goes. Life is what is happening now in the moment not later on or in an hour but right now.

But as an American, I am not use to having so much time. In the States I am so concerned with filling my time with this that and the other thing, that sometimes I forget to just relax and take in the moments that are set before me. Sometimes I even dreaded having time because then that would mean I would actually have to think through that disagreement or frustration from that day. Where as if I were busy I wouldn't "have time" to focus on what was bothering me or focus that person who hurt me.

Well here I have plenty of time to think about God, life, and my emotions. When I am alone I often do reflect on God and my life. That can be great but it can also be hard. Those moments force me to see me for who I am, but it also allows me to see God for who He is. Faithful, good, just, and many more things that I realize I am not. This time allows me to see me as me and see God as God, which is wonderful. It just shows me how amazing God is and how much more work I need to do in my own life. I am not perfect but in God I can see the woman/the human being that I want to be. Each day is a day that allows me to take one step closer to being that woman. As God continues to form me and mold me into the woman He designed me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment