November 06, 2010

I stand in awe

It is great to be reminded of how small I truly am and how wonderful and amazing God really is. As I closed the hallway in KidVenture (the children's ministry) today I was brought to a sudden stop when I looked out the window at God's masterpiece in the sky.  The sunset was so beautiful that all I could do was think of our Creator.

While looking out I wondered why God has me on this journey in life and why God seems to care for me and love me so. I see His love for me every day sometimes it is in a sunset and sometimes it is in a note written by a loved one. God's love and grace always seems to amaze me. In response all I can do is say....

Lord, I am Yours,
  and I must belong to no one but You.
My soul is Yours,
  and must live only by You. 
My will is Yours,
 and must love only for You.
I must love You as my first cause,
 since I am from You.
I must love You as my end and rest,
 since I am for You.
I must love You more than my own being,
 since my being subsists by You.
I must love You more than myself,
 since I am all Yours and all in You. 

Amen. 

I know that I am not my own so I will continue on this journey and glorify the Lord. 

(The prayer in this blog is from the Prayer of Saint Francis de Sales)

No comments:

Post a Comment