October 10, 2010

All of my Dreams have come true

I realized the other day as I was driving home from Lincoln, IL, after visiting some of my friends, that all of my dreams thus far have come true. Everything that I have wanted to do I have been able to do, but if I didn't have God, Christian friends, and some great mentors none of my dreams would have become a reality.

When I was considering going on my first overseas mission trip with CIY I was scared and uncertain. At first, I wasn't even going to go because I was too nervous. However, I met a nice old man at church that just wouldn't let it go! Every Sunday, Jim would ask me have you sent in your application for the mission trip and every week I would make up an excuse as to why I haven't finished it. Then finally one week I was like, "Okay God this man won't stop bugging me about this application so I am going to send it in, but if this is really what you want me to do than you are going to have to make it happen". Needless to say it wasn't a year later and I was on my way to Italy for the summer to work with some Team Expansion missionaries.

God has been so good to me. Even though I mess up a lot and get confused God is always with me guiding my way. I knew when I was younger that I wanted to help people for a living but I never thought I would be in ministry until I met God at my church's youth group. God met me there one Wednesday night and showed me that there was so much more to life than what is seen with the naked eye.

Since then my life has been one amazing roller-coaster ride. I love my life and the journey that God has me on.

Correction: The old man that I mentioned above is not really that old. :-D Jim and his wife Shelley are amazing people, whom I love dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment