February 04, 2013

January Newsletter



   
     Last day of January! I can’t believe it! It feels like it was only a couple of weeks ago that I was getting off of the plane on my way back from Costa Rica and making my way through the O’Hare airport. It is hard to believe that it has been almost 9 months!
     At first, I had a hard time adjusting to the U.S.A. culture and I just wanted to stay home while I was trying to process everything. However, after a week or so I began to branch out and start exploring this land I call my “home”.  It felt great to see my family and friends again and enjoy some of my favorite meals together.
     After a few months of being home, I decided to buy a bike and shortly after that the weather started to get worse and I bought a car. God provided just the right car to meet my needs and my budget! Having that car has been a huge blessing as it has provided transportation to work, church, and everything in-between. Thanks God!
     I am currently working as a substitute teacher for all ages in Streator, IL. and some of the surrounding areas. I have really enjoyed this job and the new experiences it has offered. I have never taught in a public school so it has been interesting as I have had to learn how to teach in a structured environment. All of the teachers and secretaries I have met have been super helpful in this area. I am so grateful for God surrounding me with such nice people and for blessing me with many different job opportunities.
    My goal of paying off my student loans has been going really well. Whenever possible I have been paying ahead on my loans. Each time I make a payment I praise God and do a little happy dance! My financial needs have and continued to be met every step of the way.
     In order to continue paying off my student loans in a timely manner I have started to look into other job opportunities as well. Recently, I have had the chance to interview at a boy’s ranch in Wisconsin. At the end of this month, I will be traveling up to Wisconsin for a face to face interview. Please be praying for me as I visit the ranch on February 27th for a few days.
     Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and support! 

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment