October 29, 2011

The Lord is...
Faithful
Good
Holy
All-knowing
All-powerful
Unchangeable
Always present
Creator
Sovereign
King of kings and Lord of lords
Trustworthy
Love
Righteous
Savior
Redeemer
Pure
True
Majestic
Warrior
Peace
Friend
Sustainer
Great
Gracious
Merciful
Judge
Patient
Compassionate
Perfect
Master

For the past week or so, I have been dwelling on the characteristics/attributes of God, it has been amazing. He is amazing. I have also realized that my perspective on God has got to change.

I tend to sometimes "dumb-down" God in my head because the god in my head does not always look like the one true God. The god in my head I can control and has limits, and the more I see God for who He is the more I realize that the god in my head does not always reflect the one true God. Needless to say my living does not always reflect the one true God, for how can I reflect God if I do not have a correct perspective on who God is.

Our perspectives on God matters, because our actions and how we live day to day matter. Our daily living should reflect the one true God, but in order to do that we need to put into perspective who God is. We need to get rid of the god in our minds and focus on the one true God.

No comments:

Post a Comment