September 30, 2011

Songs that take us back...

Most people have a song that when they hear it they are automatically taken back to a specific time in their life. For married couples it might be the song at their wedding. For some people it might be a song from a school dance. There a few country songs that every time I hear them I am automatically taken back to my high school dances. Some songs might remind us of certain people. The song Amazing Grace still brings me to tears every time I sing it, because that was the last song I ever sang to my Aunt Joey.

If I had to pick a song for my time here in Costa Rica this would be the one. I first heard this song in Spanish while at Zumba class. I had been having a rough week and the moment I heard this song I just wanted to cry, and ever since then God has used this song to speak to my heart and take me back to His truth. 

 
"None but Jesus," sung by Brooke Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment