September 26, 2011

Perfect Timing

Today, I cried twice both were tears of joy. First I received a package from my best friend Emily. Then later on in the day I was able to Skype with my Grandpa Duke and Grandma Lucy, this was the first time I have been able to talk to them since I arrived in Costa Rica. Thank you so much Em, grandma and grandpa, and mom for making my day extra special! I love you all.

Thanks to Em, I am now starting a new book called Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist. This book is about change and learning to accept both the sweet times and the bitter times. It is also about God's grace and control throughout every season in life. This book couldn't have arrived at a better time. I am only on page 28 and already I like it.

"When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow." -pg 13

Giving thanks in all circumstances is something that I am learning how to do. Giving thanks when things are going good is easy to do, but giving thanks when things get tough now that becomes a little more difficult. It is in those difficult times where our response has to change from our natural human response to God's supernatural response.

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment