August 08, 2011

Come to me...

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." - John 10:27-30

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me besides quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."- Psalm 23:1-4

When faced with danger or stress the sheep's first response is to panic and flee, which can make the shepherd's job hard. They have a natural gregarious instint, which means they are fond of the company of others, but when faced with danger they scatter. This is where the shepherd comes in, he helps guide his sheep and keeps watch over the flock.

We, as humans, are also fearful of many things. We have as some call it "a fear of the unknown". We worry about our lives and panic when things don't go as planned. We can start to feel so overwhelmed and burdened by the things in our lives that we start can start to lose hope or become distracted. However, God tells us...

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles us.." - Hebrews 12:1

Just as a shepherd keeps watch over his flock, the same is true for the Lord. He keeps watch over us, guides us, and is always with us. He cares for us and wants us to rest in Him. He wants us to cast all our anxieties and worries on Him and rest in knowing that He is Lord, nothing is hidden from His sight. He sees you.

               "All Ye" by: Coffey Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment