June 23, 2011

God is Good

Today in chapel, we were praying over Spiritual Emphasis week, which is taking place next week, and we were praying for one another and praising God. Then I had one of those I am not sure what to say God so I am just going to sit here and worship you and cry. God has made me so emotional over the past 6 years and He continues to break my heart for those who are in pain and suffering. Today, as I listened to the struggles of some of my fellow students I just wept for them. I also sat in silence and cried over my own personal prayers.

There are many things that I do not understand about God and our world, but there is one thing that I hold to be true is God is good. No matter what takes place in my life or in the life of others I cling to that. It can be hard to see the good in suffering and pain, but even through those trials I cling to God. I have learned over the years that the best thing you can do for someone in mourning is to just mourn with them and pray in silence. There has been times in my life when I felt like giving up and just walking away because of the suffering and pain that I see in the world and in the lives of others, but there is something deep inside me that won´t let go of the Lord. My heart does and will always say God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

1 comment:

  1. I just love reading and following you on this journey! I love reading how God is working in your life and being able to see God moving... I can honestly see you are truly where you are suppose to be at the moment!

    ReplyDelete