September 08, 2010

Updates....



I am staying in Wisconsin at least until December of this year and then hopefully in October I will find out if I am staying until March.  I am learning so much through this ministry at RiverGlen and all of the things that I expected to learn I have learned, but one thing that I did not expect to learn more about is about how to manage a ministry and how to work/manage people. I am learning a ton about management! Which is great because in most things I am a natural leader but I am hesitate when it comes to managing people because usually I tend to be too soft or too strong so I am finding a lot of balances right now on how to manage a ministry and it's volunteers. I am also learning a lot from those around me who have been in ministry longer. There is a lot of wisdom to be found in the people that surround me every day.

I have also been constantly making a lot of new friends which has been great! I am really starting to feel at home here and I love it! I have also been keeping very busy. Recently, I have loved having some alone time to just go for a walk, relax, and do some reflecting.

Costa Rica....

I am still making preparations for Costa Rica. Language school has been my focus this year and all of the preparations are starting to fall into place. I am currently focused on raising the funds needed to go to language school (I also have just received a part-time job along with my internship, which allows me to continue to save more money for school). I am planning right now to go to language for 6 months, but if the funds become available I would love to stay an additional 3 months in order to complete all of the programs that The Spanish Language Institute has to offer.

 I was originally not going to be sending out support letters but the more I pray about it and the more I talk to people about it, I found out I would be stupid not to. It is not up to me to decide whether or not people should give to my ministry work, it is between them and their relationship with God so if God puts it on their heart to give then I am going to allow them the opportunity to support me and my ministry work. I was going to try to raise all of the money myself but really I need to put my trust in God that the money will come. I am going to work hard but I am also going to allow others to work along side me to help build my future ministry.  

As far as the application process goes I am at a stand still until December because of  my flight schedule. The application for the school requires me to write down my flight times and I have not yet been able to lock in my flight dates, because most airlines do not allow you to schedule flights that are more than a year away.  I have to wait to book a round trip flight from the USA to Costa Rica until December. This is also because the Costa Rican government will not allow someone to stay longer in the country longer than 4 months without a ticket that proves that you plan on eventually leaving the country.  Once I get there I can push back my departure flight if needed. 

P.S. To learn more about the language school I will be attending click on my name at the bottom right hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment